At Student Brighton we take your privacy seriously
When processing applications for tenancies:
- Checking the suitability for a tenancy, which might include credit, immigration, and other checks.
- Taking personal details such as personal, employment, previous tenancy, education, and financial details; plus any other details we believe necessary to collect.
- By law, we have to carry out immigration checks on new tenants and residents. We have to keep copies of the documents we inspect as part of these checks.
During the let:
- Administering the tenancy deposit (if taken)
- Collecting rent
- Maintaining our records and accounts
- Managing the property
After the let:
- Supplying references
- Debt chasing
- We may keep this information on computer
Sharing information with others.
We may need to share personal information we process with others. If we have to do this, we will keep to data-protection legislation. Depending on the circumstances, we may share information with:
- Other landlords
- Educational institutions, universities and colleges
- Suppliers (including gas, electricity and water companies) and service providers
- Financial organisations (including banks)
- Credit and tenant reference agencies
- Tenancy deposit schemes
- Debt-collection and tracing agencies
- Public and government bodies (including those who deal with benefits and council tax)
- HMRC inspectors
- Contractors and repairers
- Letting and managing agents
- Any future owner of the property
This does not mean that we necessarily share information with all of the above but we may do so if we need to.
Council tax, utilities and services
We share information with all service providers utility companies, and the local authority to ensure that council tax, utilities and service bills (including water charges) are correctly collected.
Why we use your personal information
We may use the personal information you give us in a number of ways; for example, to decide whether to let the property to you; to prevent fraud; for accounting and auditing purposes; for managing the property; or for debt collection.
Right to gather information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information if this is not accurate. To ask for this information, please get in touch.